Logos Not Starting
Wiki: TOC, VTOC, Home
Forum: Home, General
Is Logos “crashing” or “hanging” when you try to start it, or simply does not start?
First try rebooting your computer. If it is still not starting then try this:
1) For Windows, hold down CTRL key while starting Logos.
For Mac, launch Logos, then quickly press and hold Command key until login screen appears, then release Command key.
2) You will see a login screen similar to this for Logos 4 & Logos 5:
3) If necessary fill in your email address and password
4) Check the box that says Use blank layout (Logos 4/5 only)
5) Click “Sign In” (Logos 6 will automatically open to a blank layout)
If that doesn’t fix it, contact email@example.com (Windows) OR firstname.lastname@example.org (Mac) and/or file a report on the Logos Forums where other users who might have experienced a similar situation can help you (and Logos employees are monitoring the forums too). Logos Support will probably want to see log files from your attempt to start Logos. Read about Diagnostic Logging to learn how to save and upload the log files to the forums.
If you are willing and able to try some other tests to narrow down what might be causing the problem, that would help. Perhaps something about your particular configuration is conflicting with Logos. Try disabling all your Startup programs and unnecessary services and rebooting again. If you don’t know how to do this, it’s probably best not to mess around with it without someone walking you through it.