Wiki: TOC, VTOC, Home
Forum: Home, General
What are Ratings?
- Ratings are the Stars in each of the books in your Library.
- You use these to Rate/Rank books in your Library.
- No gold star means you have not rated that book.
- 5 gold stars is the top rating, 1 gold star means you rated that book much less than a 5 star book.
What is Rating used for?
- Ratings can be used in Search and in setting up dynamic Collections.
- Example in Search (the 2 books, were ones that I had rated with 5 stars): see also Search HELP
- Example in Collections (see Rating:>=4 and 2 of the books found): see also Collections
- When browsing my library, I will often rate an interesting book to 1 star so that I can review that book more closely when time permits. Then I clear or up the rating depending on if the book seems useful to me.
- You can view your Rating in your Library by clicking on the Rating column.
How do I change the Ratings?
- When View is set for simple display:
- To set a rating, click on the star rating (see red arrow) that you want for that book.
- To clear a rating, right click on the stars, a pop-up menu appears (see red arrow). Click on Clear User Rating.
- When View is set for detailed display (Title, Author, etc showing) and Info (the i with a circle around it) is selected, select the book that you want to change a rating for on the left side of the window (don’t click on the books title or it will open the book) making sure that the Info section on the right is showing that book:
- To set a rating, click on the star rating (see red arrow) you want for that book.
- To clear a rating, right click on the stars (in the Info area on the right). A pop-up menu appears. Click on Clear.
Is there a way to change the Ratings of multiple books at the same time?
- This is briefly shown in the Logos video Library Advanced Features.
- In the instructions below, do not click on the Title of a book or it will open that book. Try clicking on another heading (e.g. Author).
- You will need the Info (the i with a circle around it) turned on.
- Click on a book that you want selected.
- Then move to the last book that you want selected. Hold the shift key down and click on the last book.
- Now if in the selected books there is a book that you do not want selected, move the mouse over that book and hold the Ctrl key down and click it (it becomes unselected, it you hold the Ctrl key down and click it again it becomes selected).
- In the Info pane you can now click on the star for which you want to rate these books.
- Or in the Info pane you can now click on Clear ratings to remove the stars rating.
- If you want to select books one at a time (for selecting multiple books), you can use the Ctrl key and click each book (see step 3).