Wiki: TOC, VTOC, Home
Forum: Home, General
Biblical People 1
Biblical People 2
Bible Facts (Mark Barnes)
What is Biblical People?
- Biblical People is a tool which will provide you with diagrams of people in the Bible along with detailed information.
- In many cases it will provide related images which are in your library to this person. (see Media Ribbon details)
- It can in some case provide you with different name of this person. (e.g. Jesus, Messiah, or Christ)
- It will have links of this person to different dictionaries in your library.
- It will have links to relatives of this person which are viewed in Biblical People.
- It can provide you with links to other people with this name. (e.g. Jesus, Joshua, Justus)
- It will often provide a link to wikipedia for this person.
- It may provide links to Things which might be related to this person.
- Please watch the Logos Video Tutorials Biblical People 1 and Biblical People 2.
- Please watch Mark Barnes video: Logos Tutorial Video #3 – Bible Facts
What are the parts of the Biblical People window?
a) Person box. When opening Biblical People, the last person’s name will appear here. You can type a person’s name here and Logos will show a drop down menu with choices for people with the name you typed. (also see Information on people in the diagram)
b) This is a diagram showing you family relations of the person that you have selected or groups of people associated with this person (e.g. apostles). Or if you navigate to an image relating to this person (see ). If the diagram appears too small, you may change the size of the diagram (see Diagram size).
c) This shows you the title of the diagram. (see Source/Link of information)
d) These provide you with different representation methods for your diagram. (see People representation in diagram) Note: with ver 4.1 there are more selections.
e) Information on your person is displayed in this ribbon. Logos will populate this ribbon with various information. In some cases the name of your person may fit multiple people in the Bible. (see Information Ribbon details)
f) When there is more information than will fit on the ribbon one or both of the arrows will allow you to scroll the information shown on the ribbon.
g) This media ribbon will show you different diagrams which are related to your person. These may be other people with the same name or different family members or images which relate to your person. The active diagram will have a brown box around the diagram icon. When you hold your mouse over one of the diagrams/images icons, Logos will flash a pop-up image for a few seconds to allow you to see the diagram/image. (see Media Ribbon details)
h) When there are more diagrams than will fit on this ribbon, then these arrow permit you to scroll through the different diagram icons.
i) These buttons will size the diagram. You may also use your mouse wheel to zoom in on the diagram. You can also grab and drag the position of the zoomed in diagram to position it for your viewing. (see Diagram size)
j) When you navigate to different diagrams, this will become active allowing you go backwards/forwards through the diagrams that you have viewed.
- By clicking on the Biblical People window’s icon (see item a) a drop down menu appears.
- This provides options for Copying/Saving/Printing/Exporting (see item b) the diagram or image that you are currently viewing.
Note: with version 4.1 Print and Export have been replaced with Print/Export, see Print/Export
- You can also access these features by holding your mouse over an open area (not on a person icon) in the viewing area and right clicking. The pop-up menu below will appear.
- This will copy the full view of the diagram/image in the viewing area to the windows Copy/Paste buffer (clipboard).
- You can then paste it into another windows program which accepts clipboard images.
- You may also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C to copy the diagram.
- Regardless of how much you have zoomed the diagram/image in the viewing area, the whole image is copied when you use this features.
- When you select in Biblical People drop down or pop-up menu, you will be able to save the diagram/image to a file.
- The Save dialog box will appear
- Use the following steps (if you are not already familiar with saving an image)
a) Select the Folder in which you want to save your image.
b) Select the image file format (png or jpg).
c) Enter the filename for your image.
d) Press the Save button to save the image.
Adding to Shortcuts
- You can drag the Biblical People tab to your shortcut bar. This will create a shortcut to Biblical People.
Moving to a window in your Layout
- Biblical People tool opens in a floating window. You can move it to a window in your Layout.
- Click on the Biblical People tab.
- Drag it to the window in your Layout that you want it to be in.
- Drop it in the window of your Layout.
4. The floating Biblical People window will disappear and the Biblical People will appear in your window of your Layout.