Wiki: TOC, VTOC, Home
Forum: Home, General
Thomas Black Using the Right Click menu
Mark Barnes Logos Tutorial Video #5
Note: If an image on this page appears too small on your monitor,
you can click on the image and it will open in a new window to full size.
(only larger images will appear full size, they will have the icon next to them on the right)
Available selections per Category
- Right click on a word in your resource and the pop-up menu will appear.
- On the right side of the pop-up menu are categories. Below are descriptions for each of these categories.
- This is the word that you right clicked on in your resource.
- Copy: clicking on this will copy your selection into the window’s clipboard.
Once it is in your clipboard, you can paste it to another place.
- Lookup: will open a tab with a dictionary lookup of your word.
- Power Lookup: will open the Power Lookup tool which provides multiple dictionary lookups on your word.
(see also the Power Lookup wiki page)
- Bible Word Study: will open the Bible Word Study tool to the word that you right clicked on.
- Search: will open the Search tool using the word that you right clicked on as the word to search for.
- Dictionaries: will open the dictionary to the word that you right clicked on.
- Report Typo: will open the report typo dialog which will allow you to report a typo in your open resource.
You will need internet access for this to work.
- This is the word in the original language manuscript that you clicked on. This word form is useful when you want to search for the specific form of an original language word (not necessary the Lexicon lookup form).
- Copy: will copy the manuscript form of the word into the clipboard for pasting elsewhere. This can be very useful when you want to paste a Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic word into a search’s find box or similar area and want it to be the exact manuscript word from the original language.
- Search: will allow you to open the Search tool to find the manuscript form of the word that you clicked on.
- This is the morphological tagging for the word that you right clicked on.
(see also the wiki page Morphology Codes for description on the codes. Also see the wiki page Morphological Search on how to use the morphological search method)
will open the Search tool using the morphological tagging for the word that you right clicked on to search for all words that match this tagging.
will open the Search tool using the morphological tagging for the word that you right clicked on in the Bible that you were in when you clicked on it.
- the lower morph search will also look for the lemma along with the morph tagging.
- On the pop-up at the bottom of the right side below categories/files is an option Show Information.
- When you click on this Logos will open the Information tool to show you information on the word that you right clicked on.
(see also Information wiki page)
Copying Selected Text or Image
- You cannot select both text & image at the same time to be placed into your clipboard. You will need to select an image separately.
Logos will add Citation & Footnotes to your clipboard if they are turned ON in Program Settings. So you will need to have these set accordingly prior to using the Right Click to copy your selection.
- In your resource use your mouse to select the text which you want to copy by dragging over the text with your mouse.
- With your mouse over the selected text, right click
- The Right Click menu will appear.
- Make sure that on the right side of the menu Selection is selected.
- On the left side of the menu click on Copy.
- Now your selected text is in your clipboard ready for pasting elsewhere.
Selecting an Image
- In your resource, right click on an image which you want to copy, save, export, or print.
- The Right Click menu opens. On the right side of the menu click on Image.
- On the left side of the menu...
- Copy will add your image to the clipboard for pasting elsewhere.
- Save as will bring up a file dialog box allowing you to save your image on your hard-drive in formats available with your operating system.
- Send to Power Point will export your image to Power Point.
- Print will bring up windows Print Pictures dialog box which will allow you to select how you want your picture printed.