Wiki: TOC, VTOC, Home
Forum: Home, General
Those other tools
- The Explorer tool acts like a mini-Passage Guide which will Follow the active resource or you can have it follow a linked resource. As mentioned, it is not a full Passage Guide. Unlike the Passage Guide, it can dynamically show you useful information without having to type a passage and search.
- To open Explorer, click on Tools in the top menu. Then select Explorer as shown below.
Hint: you can open multiple copies of the Explorer tool.
- Linking Explorer works the same as most tools in Logos.
- Follow allows Explorer to follow which ever resource that you click (resources which are navigated via Bible passages).
- When Follow is selected, an Astrix appears in the window’s icon as shown below.
- When linked to one of the standard Letters, it follows the Bible passage which the resource has in its reference box.
- See Linking Resources.
- If you are not familiar with Linking, please watch this video Bibles and Commentaries. About half way through it discusses Linking which is a feature that links different resources together so that they will track each other (as you move along in a Bible then if the commentary is linked, it will track where you are in the Bible).
- When None is selected, it follows what ever passage appears in the reference box. This might come in handy when you want to search for info on a particular passage. This would also work well when you want to use it from a Pop-up Menu (when you right click on a selection in a resource and you get a Pop-up Menu).
- When you select a word or series of words in a resource and click the right mouse button, a Pop-up Menu appears. Now if you select Reference (on the right side of the Pop-up), you should see Explorer on the left side of the Pop-up Menu. Then when you click it, the Bible passage will appear in Explorer and it will search for pertinent info.